1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Gone for healthy walks using a cane.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make New Year’s resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I think I haven’t even gone outside of Ramsey and Hennepin Counties, this year, unless you count the airport. (In 2006 I went to Broward County and barely got away from a Hanging Chad Golem.)
6. What would you like to lack in 2008 that you had in 2007?
Large donut hole expenses.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting myself walking.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Nothing notable that I can think of.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
As usual, yes. That’s the way it is.
11. What were the best things you bought?
Oral-B high-speed toothbrush (replacing broken Sonicare).
More REI MTS Polyester Expedition-weight long underwear bottoms.
(Hmm, maybe I should also get one of these that I haven’t seen before: http://www.footsmart.com/P-Stamina-M
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Moved around, mostly.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Discovery on-line of good scans of old books.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: 40- 45 pounds lighter?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Going to ballgames.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Brushing with a worn toothbrush head.
20. How [did] you spend Christmas?
Crappy cuisine at the Sofitel.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I climb up to love, rather than fall into it.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
TV sucked. The programs I supposedly liked were the worst burden of the lot, since they drew my attention away from genuine pleasures.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I discovered that it really is uncomfortable for me to hold and play a musical instrument, and that it wasn’t just an excuse.
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted spiro support in fontforge, and I got it.
29. What did you want and not get?
An admission that ‘Cassandra’ was indeed an appropriate analog of me.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I think I went to no movies this year.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I didn’t do anything special that I can remember, and I became 46.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Overthrow of the Bush crime regime.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
REI MTS Polyester Expedition-weight long underbottoms. (That’s a new word I just invented.)
34. What kept you sane?
Lack of any serious brain disorder such as schizophrenia.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don’t know. Let’s say Tipper Gore, why not?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Democratic leadership’s breach of faith with the voters, in which they sought election on the grounds, at the very least implicit, that they would oppose the criminal Bush regime, when in fact they were going to go out of their way to support the regime and its allies, such as those telephone companies that have earned devastating bankruptcy and instead will be richly rewarded (while executives of the ‘good’ telephone companies become political prisoners).
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Whom have I met this year? Whoever you are, you are the best new person I met this year. :)
39. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
I don’t know.
40. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
I am superior, sometimes, to people whom I treated as superior to me, and I should trust my own brainiac abilities more than theirs. (I am referring to no regular reader of this LJ.)
41. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Spider and I
Sit watching the sky
On our world without sound.
We knit a web
To catch one tiny fly
For our world without sound.
We sleep in the mornings,
We dream of a ship that sails away,
A thousand miles away.
(Okay, so I just picked any old song lyric.)