quotes that describe where you mentally are. Then tag
1. I have only one superstition. I touch all the bases when I hit a home run.
Babe Ruth (1895 - 1948)
2. Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (121 AD - 180 AD), Meditations, 200 A.D.
3. Do not trust all men, but trust men of worth; the former course is silly, the latter a mark of prudence.
Democritus (460 BC - 370 BC)
4. Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
5. When a dog runs at you, whistle for him.
Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)
The encore quote:
6. We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
Richard Dawkins (1941 - ), "The Root of All Evil", UK Channel 4, 2006
Well, that’s six quotes, and four of them are humorous; the other two are by ancients. Draw from that whatever conclusion you prefer.
Update: Hmm, and five of them are by people who died before I was born, and the other person is married to Lalla Ward.